Welcome to Gregory House

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We hope you'll enjoy your stay... forever...

4 posters

Catherine (recent puzzle game by Atlus)

Poll

Who did you choose in your first playthrough

[ 1 ]
    Catherine (recent puzzle game by Atlus) I_vote_lcap50%Catherine (recent puzzle game by Atlus) I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Catherine (recent puzzle game by Atlus) I_vote_lcap50%Catherine (recent puzzle game by Atlus) I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Catherine (recent puzzle game by Atlus) I_vote_lcap0%Catherine (recent puzzle game by Atlus) I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 2
    BoneGirly
    BoneGirly

Catherine (recent puzzle game by Atlus) Empty Catherine (recent puzzle game by Atlus)

Post by BoneGirly Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:37 pm

Thought I would bring this up but has anyone here played the recent Atlus game called 'Catherine'?

Catherine (recent puzzle game by Atlus) Catherine-game-graphic

I found out about the game before it was released in japan. The fact that it was a erotic horror game caught my attention. The discovery of it also being a puzzle platform had me sold. Something about psychological horror stories involving dreams is just fascinating to me...

Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Catherine (recent puzzle game by Atlus) Empty Re: Catherine (recent puzzle game by Atlus)

Post by Becca-chan Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:13 am

I hadn't heard of it until my sister had told me about it...although she said that due to the sexual themes and strong language, I probably wouldn't like it. ^^;

From what I've heard of it from her though, it sounds like it has a good story.
    taitofan
    taitofan

Catherine (recent puzzle game by Atlus) Empty Re: Catherine (recent puzzle game by Atlus)

Post by taitofan Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:36 pm

I haven't played this one yet, but come on, it's Atlus. I'm totally gonna play it once the price drops a little.

*has however, completely spoiled the game for herself, cause that's how she rolls*

I find myself liking Katherine more, but I can't say I don't like Catherine and who she is. Before spoiling myself, I honestly didn't think that's where they were taking the plot, though looking back I'm not sure if I should have or not. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

The problem is...I'm not so good with block puzzles. XD I can see myself dying a lot, as even people who like them are saying this is a damn hard game.

One last thing! The boss battles. They look AMAZING. Creepy. As. Hell.
    BoneGirly
    BoneGirly

Post by BoneGirly Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Becca-chan wrote:although she said that due to the sexual themes and strong language, I probably wouldn't like it. ^^;

The strong language was noticeable but was used in the appropriate situations. As for the sexual themes, I found they were a bit mild mostly. either it was censored or it happened off camera.

The one factor of the game that seemed to take over was the suspense and terror of the things that the main character goes through. This includes the boss fights and the atmosphere of his dreams.

Of course this is just what I got out of it. For someone else its probably different obviously.
    GregoryNeko
    GregoryNeko

Post by GregoryNeko Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:34 pm

i would like it only for the design of the characters(yes,im talking about Catherine,not the pink lizard nurse,just kiding)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:08 am