Welcome to Gregory House

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We hope you'll enjoy your stay... forever...

+2
supercomputer276
taitofan
6 posters

Fan Game Ideas

taitofan
    taitofan

Fan Game Ideas Empty Fan Game Ideas

Post by taitofan Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:32 pm

So, there's been talk about wanting a sequel, but there's practically a 0% chance of that happening. So let's talk about what is possible--a fanmade sequel. Or even a prequel. Or something new entirely. Whatever you can think up!

Obviously, we don't have the capabilities to make anything on the PS2, but we do have tools like Game Maker/RPG Maker/flash/game mods (Pokemon GHS anyone?)/etc.

I've actually been considering doing something with RPG Maker (which gave us games like Yume Nikki or Ao Oni). I wonder what people would want to see in a sequel though? More soul collecting as a new guest? An RPG starring members of the cast (what I was leaning towards; I'm still pondering what the plot would be though)? An atmospheric game ala Yume Nikki? A dating sim?

...Personally, I'd give my first born to anyone who makes a dating sim. *shot*

But yeah, if you have any ideas for a fan game, post them here! Who knows, maybe you'll inspire someone.
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Fan Game Ideas Empty Re: Fan Game Ideas

Post by supercomputer276 Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:50 pm

A GHS dating sim?! How many girls are there in this show that could really be dated, three or so? Because if it goes into Boys Love, you will not hear the end of it from me.

A sequel to Soul Collector, I believe, will have similar gameplay. What would make it interesting, though, would be only have two or three of the soul-bearing residents be the same (namely the "main" ones like Catherine and Hell's Chef), while replacing the others with other characters such as Dead Body, Mirror Man, Bonsai Kabuki, etc. Also, true to form, the layout of the hotel will be completely different than before.

I've considered making a version of Soul Collector in Game Maker, but other projects took better hold of my interest.

If you're looking for a plot starring the GHS cast in an RPG, I got one story idea that should make a good starting point, if you're interested...
    taitofan
    taitofan

Post by taitofan Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:17 pm

And you couldn't play as a girl and date the guys? ;P Haha, I was mostly kidding, and a dating sim is beyond my capabilities anyway. But if someone made one, I'd hope you could choose to date male or female--whichever you preferred. ...And frankly, it looks like it's a good thing for you that I can't make a dating sim. XD

Sure! Any ideas anyone wants to throw my way for an RPG plot, go right ahead! I have some ideas, but I could always use more. I just got RPG Maker VX today, so I've got some time to gather ideas while I get used to the program anyway.
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:03 pm

...OK, so I assumed. Probably shouldn't have done that. Really, something like GHS I don't think is very well inclined to a dating sim.

Anyways, this story idea, an intended sequel to my story in progress on the art board, is titled "Chill of the Forgotten Reality," though of course you're free to use a different title. The idea is that the world of GHS is sorta locked in terms of seasons; it's always set in that the weather is relatively warm, at least not cold enough for it to snow or something.

So imagine the residents' surprise when it does start to snow on Gregory House. Like a traditional New England (or something) winter. And Gregory's determined to find out just why it's snowing in the first place, since it shouldn't. Meanwhile, the residents are reacting to snow for possibly the first time, which should make for interesting antics.
    taitofan
    taitofan

Post by taitofan Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:52 pm

Oooh, that's an interesting idea. I can see an RPG built around that plot point... I'll definitely see what I can do with this!

I've only played around with RPG Maker for about half and hour so far though, so this will take some time... If anyone else is interested in my project, feel free to give your opinions. And, of course, I'd love to hear about other kinds of fan games people would like to play.
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:57 pm

Glad you like the idea! You're free to it.

I have some experience with RPG Maker VX. Not too much, though, and nothing particularly complex. I tried to make a Kirby fangame using it, though I didn't get very far... Shame, really. If you need any help, though, you're free to ask.

Heh. You're free to a lot of things. Smile
    Oos
    Oos

Post by Oos Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:15 am

.....I would not mind a BL dating game ;a; just sayin'.
    Nilgiree
    Nilgiree

Post by Nilgiree Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:36 am

Oh hey look what all this talk about dating sims made me draw

Fan Game Ideas GHSsim1

Oh god, talk about yan-dere. if there really was a game like this it would never give you a good ending .___.

@Oos you're not alone dear ;w;
    taitofan
    taitofan

Post by taitofan Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:11 am

@supercomputer276: Thank you! I'm jotting down notes for the plot as I'm doing the rough sprite work. Ah, I never released how difficult spriting is. DX

@Oos: Nor would I. You know I'd be right the hell on that if I could. XD

...I did see that someone made a dating game in RPG Maker once... Hmm... *notes self to find that game and see how they did it*

@Nilgiree: YES. It'd be the most messed up, awesome dating sim ever. Pretty much everyone is yandere or a kid. Or both. I'd still totally play it. *loves that pic, oh man*
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:26 am

@ taitofan - I think an atmospheric game like Yume Nikki would be perfect for something like GHS, especially since Soul Collector had a kind of atmospheric air to it as well.
    ( And you've played Yume Nikki too?! I love that game!)

The plot...hmmm, well obviously a guest would come to stay at the hotel for some reason and they'd meet a certain number of guests that seemed to represent the guest's own state of mind.

For example, the Mummy family, The clock family and memories of the guest's own family seemed to be something of a theme with the first guest.
    As well as themes of escapism and dueling with fate, as well as being true to one's self.

In the second series, there were themes of love and sorrow.
    ( and epic body swaps, but that was only two episodes)

And the third and fourth series had a mixture of all the above.
    ( minus the body swaps...I really liked Unbaba, 'though he did appear as a rocking horse in the dungeon that Gregory Mama puts the guest in)

Soul Collector's theme is a little hard for me to put my finger on...but since the two guests appeared as children, it seemed to affect how things went.
    Since with Catherine and Chef, you follow James's example of things ( he had previously pulled pranks like that) and naturally the children come off as being rather mischevious...even though that's not their intention at all.

So I see Soul Collector as having a kind of fairy-tale setting...but with a rather dark twist at the end.

@ Nilgiree - That picture is just too awesome for words! XD
    Can I save it?
    taitofan
    taitofan

Post by taitofan Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:33 am

Oh yes, I absolutely love Yume Nikki! Yume Nikki is what inspired me to make a game in RPG Maker in the first place. I just never knew what kind of game to make until I played GHS. X3

I agree, GHS is very atmospheric. Since Soul Collector is basically My First Survival Horror, it really couldn't have gotten away with less. I did consider making something more akin to that, but I figured an RPG would be easier. No idea if that's true, but whatever, haha.

And yeah, it would be neat to play a Yume Nikki-esque game where you just explore worlds based on the characters' states of mind.

...I'm starting to wonder if there's any genre I wouldn't play if it had a GHS spin. XD
    Oos
    Oos

Post by Oos Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:30 pm

I know it'd probably never be done, but I like the idea of a GHS fighting game. You pick your character and they beat each other up. Dunno if that would be possible to do, but I've seen fan-made fighting games before so maybe it's not impossible?
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:51 pm

@ Nilgeree
    I'm not sure whether or not it's safe to laugh at that! XD

@ taitofan
    Yeah, spriting has never been easy for me, too. I've done it before, but it usually requires my full concentration. And I usually do pretty small sprites, like for RPG Maker 2003.

As for GHS in any genre... Well, I have conceived of a GHS Mario Party-ish board game... Sadly, the description is lacking a few key details for me to post it to the art board.

@ Becca-chan
    Indeed, the nature of the hotel is made to reflect that of the current guest. However, I'm not sure if this could apply to series 3 and 4 since there wasn't a guest in those series. ...Maybe that's why don't take place in the hotel itself?

And incidentally, I believe I'll start looking into Yume Nikki. Sounds like an interesting game.

@ Oos
    MUGEN should be able to handle that, but you'd be making the sprites yourself.
    Nilgiree
    Nilgiree

Post by Nilgiree Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:04 am

@Becca-chan: Sure, go ahead!
    CyberFox
    CyberFox

Post by CyberFox Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:24 am

Neko Zombie must act like he was in the anime (let alone in the manga) but he must be in a form of an android as his original body is burned in both The Second Guest and Soul Collector and must have a GLaDOS-esque voice to go with it

as for additional guests, how about Gregory's daughter of which we were never introduced to in neither The Last Train or The Bloody Karte?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:48 am