Welcome to Gregory House

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We hope you'll enjoy your stay... forever...

3 posters

GHS collectible game/card game/toy thing

Mr J
    Mr J

GHS collectible  game/card game/toy thing Empty GHS collectible game/card game/toy thing

Post by Mr J Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:16 am

I just bought something non dvd/individual toy thing involving gregory horror off amazon for like 7 bucks unopened i have no idea what i bought but im excited should i be more excited {like maybe it comes with a gregory horror action figure} or less excited {its a magic the gathering knockoff card game?}
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

GHS collectible  game/card game/toy thing Empty Re: GHS collectible game/card game/toy thing

Post by supercomputer276 Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:56 am

Ah yes, I've seen it on Amazon while purchasing the DVDs, but I have yet to buy one. It's probably the only States-released piece of GHS I don't own. So I don't know what to tell you, but I think there was a line of collectible GHS figurines; I think it's related.
    Mr J
    Mr J

GHS collectible  game/card game/toy thing Empty Re: GHS collectible game/card game/toy thing

Post by Mr J Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:22 am

Awesome when i get it i will tell everyone what it is *Thumbs Up*
    Mr J
    Mr J

Post by Mr J Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:56 pm

it's actually a board game it has an glossy paper board the object of the game is to kill and eat monsters [i.e residents and no im not joking it says defeated monsters are eaten in the rule book] and conquer 3 hotel rooms. it comes with an gregory miniature [yay i hope i here his chuckle while i try to sleep] 3 or 4 player icons which were probably stolen from another game] and a D20. Now ill list the monster cards [each of which have another monster in the background like a partner i guess] and the monster strength
    100 Black Duck 2 [blue penguin] partner with Sleepy Sheep
    150 Mummy Dog partner with Mummy Papa
    200 Lost doll partner with toilet boy
    200 Egypetit [the sarcophagus] PW The archaeologist [who searched for the rainbow dragon fossils]
    250 Fat Chicken PW Hells chef [this wont end well]
    300 Unbaba PW Fortune Frog
    300 Musha Dokuro {The Warrior} PW Bonsai Kabuki
    350 Neko Zombie PW Doctor
    400 Devil Dog PW Prompter
    400 Dead Body PW Death
    450 Cactus Gunman PW Cactus Sister
    450 Catherine PW Trapmouse red and One Eyed Priest
    {supposedly theres expansion packs with more monsters]
    [now heres the judgement cards basically little bonuses you can use]

Creaking Floorboards= picture of trapmouse on the hallway=play on foes turn you may move yourself or monster 1 space for every 2 spaces of foes movement {round down]

Key-per =picture of gregorys keys play to retain skeleton key after opening locked door

Beatdown! =picture of James in Gregorys newly possessed body skeleton priest in corner staring play to allow your gamepiece to land in the same piece as a foes gamepiece the player with the least spooky strength is sent to hell

Sideswipe= picture of lost doll in the hall Play on your turn you may move yourself and or the roaming monster [thats the gregory figure who btw cannot be killed only sent back to the starting positions to roam once more] diagonally for this turn

Speed Closeup of Death=Play after rolling the die double your movement for this turn only

Shot of Courage= picture of Catherine with her giant needle under her arm play before a fight roll the die multiply the movement chart result by 100 and add it to your spooky strength

Flesh Wound= picture of Mummy dog holding his head play after losing a fight you only lose half the life points rounds up

Monster Freeze= picture of up close of judgement boys money cage play to prevent monster movement this turn.

Hangover Helper= Picture of the sickly bonsai kabuki in Last Train Negate any lingering effects card with lingering effects is discarded

Knife in the Head= picture of Mummy Dog and Mummy Papa Play on Foe of your choice during a fight to reduce foes Spookly strength to half

Nudge= picture of the Speed Mouse Ducks sitting on the grass after Gregory Tossed them out the window in Last Train play after foe of your choice has finished moving move their gamepieces 3 spaces in any direction not diagonal

Bloody Soup= picture of Hells ChefPlay on foe after they lose a fight foe subtracts an additional 100 life points

Gravity Pit= picture of Death and the line of Souls to be reaped On your turn play on Foe of your choice within 3 spaces of movement from hell or Hell's Gate foe is sent to hell

Key thief= picture of gregory in hall with candle and keys Take a skeleton key from the foe of your choice if you already have one key you may still keep the extra key

Life Stealer= picture of the Prompters holding a Judgement Boy Heart play on the foe of your choice after they win a fight foe cannot add any life points from the fight

Nature Calls= picture of toilet boys toilet Play on the foe of your choice at the start of their turn their turn is over

Freak Out! =picture of toilet boy eyes wide hair standing up mid spew Play during a fight add 100 to your spooky strength

Right Back At You= Picture of the Warrior about to attack you [or hells chef in the show] with a spear. Play after defeating the Roaming Monster to immediately attack a Foe of your choice with the Roaming Monster

Broken Lock =picture of gregory standing outside room 205 Play on an Foe attempting to enter an Hotel Room they cannot use their Skeleton Key this turn

World of Hurt= picture of one eyed priest at his book with candles behind him Play before a foe begins fightinga room monster the Monsters Spooky Strength rises by 100

Break Down the Door= picture of Cactus Gunman with white light behind him after breaking down a door Play on your turn you may enter a hotel room without a skeleton key

Devilish Deal= picture of two prompters sitting face to face at a table at Gregorys bar {weren't they sharing a drink in the show?] Play when in Hell exchange places with the foe of your choice

Emergency Escape= picture of Lost Doll sitting on second guests desk staring to the left Play when a monster lands on your space roll a 10 or higher to escape from the monster with 4 spaces of movement.

Power Sharing= A picture of hells chef deactivated During a foes battle with a monster reduce your own spooky strength to increase the monsters by the same amount

Instant End= Picture of Dead Bodies from when they harassed Composer Play immediately after a feral monster has defeated you the Feral monster is killed

Change Of Fortune= picture of fortune teller frog and her crystal ball The foe of your choice must discard all their judgement cards

Unstoppable =picture of Cactus Girl in the wild west {where she said date my big brother] play on your turn to instantly place a feral monster on an open roaming monster start space

Rise from the Dead= picture of Burning Neko Zombie play after a fie defeats a room monster you may use the defeated monster card to place a feral monster in play as if the monster had won

Loyal Follower =picture of sleepy sheep and his pillow play at any time your feral monsters can only be moved by you until next time

Body Armor= picture of red eyed trap mouse Play when a feral monster is sacrificed no players or other feral monsters are harmed by the sacrifice

Committed= picture of neko zombie in his Cell talking to the second guest send a foe of your choice to hell

Uncle!= picture of an wideeyed Cactus Gunman Foe of your choice must discard all their judemgent cards or lose all of their spooky strength foes choice.

Suprise Attack= picture of Catherine with Large Syringe up close flip the next monster card add their spooky strength plus 100 to your life points or spooky strength

Gregory's Key= a picture of gregory with candle and keys all doors are unlocked for you only

New Locks= a picture of the front doors all foes must discard their skeleton keys

Monster Eraser= picture up close in sleepy sheeps face remove all in play feral monsters except your own

Out of Options= picture of the archaeologist all foes must discard one judgement card of their choice

Vitamin Boost= a picture of fat chicken laughing roll the die 1-10 you gain 100 spooky strength 11-20 gain 250 spooky strength

Trapped!= a picture of devil dog with trident no feral monsters may enter the game

Side Stepper= a picture of umbaba dancing on you turn you may move diagonally as well as forward and back

Sewage Pits= picture of toilet kid spewing toilet paper turn rugs into sewage pits
    all players lose 50 life points per space while in sewage pits

Rug Blockade= picture of gregory calming hells chef about puff puffs monsters cannot go through rug spaces move any monsters on rug spaces to the neares open space

Hell is apparently on the second floor of gregory house anyway ill answer any questions.

Last edited by Mr J on Thu May 17, 2012 1:44 am; edited 2 times in total
    SonicHearts
    SonicHearts
    Admin

Post by SonicHearts Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:57 pm

I thought that's what it would be.

I got that game for Christmas last year, I really love it C:

I got to play it with a friend who was familiar with the series, so that was exciting. Otherwise I just play around with it on my own in some ridiculous way XD

Other little figures are sold on the web as well. Them alone are fun things.
    Mr J
    Mr J

Post by Mr J Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:13 pm

yeah but they're like 20 bucks apiece on amazon and i havent even seen lost doll or cactus sister at all just mentions of james and catherine
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Sun May 13, 2012 5:50 pm

I think I've seen photos of whole large and possibly complete collections on DeviantART.

As both a student of game design and a GHS fan, I've also placed an order to get the game and take a closer look at it. We'll see when it gets here.
    Mr J
    Mr J

Post by Mr J Sun May 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Maybe we can all play a game
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Mon May 14, 2012 1:18 am

Maybe if we all got webcams or something. Though once I get the game and seen how it ticks, I could figure out if it's possible to do a play-by-post version.
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Tue May 22, 2012 10:06 pm

I've gotten the game and Mr. J, your description doesn't do it justice.

The "partner" described on the cards is the "Feral Activator" (for background, residents are referred to as Monsters; there are room Monsters as encountered on the cards, Gregory the Roaming Monster [whose miniature comes prepackaged], and Feral Monsters are like the Roaming Monster only with several special abilities and less restrictions). When a player loses an encounter with a room Monster, if any player has the miniature for either the Monster directly depicted (e.g. Black Duck 2) or for the Monster in the Feral Activator (e.g. Sleepy Sheep), that miniature can be put into play as a Feral Monster (and the associated Monster card is removed from the cycle of picking room Monsters). However, the Feral Activator Monster can't use any of the abilities granted by their card's Feral Icons (little symbols in the picture's corners), only the main Monster the card depicts. So in essence you could have Black Duck 2 or Sleepy Sheep on the board, but not both at once; and of course, you'd get to get one of the miniatures before the game starts.
    Mr J
    Mr J

Post by Mr J Tue May 22, 2012 10:09 pm

Well My Description might not do it justice but it is truthful
    Mr J
    Mr J

Post by Mr J Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:36 pm

I noticed on the back of the game board they have interesting descriptions of the characters that the game people made up themselves. including that when the sword in mummy papas head shifts it causes him to become violent
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:50 am

I noticed those descriptions too. I also noticed that they were the same ones used by GregoryHorror.com when it was still around. Brings up interesting possibilities...
    Mr J
    Mr J

Post by Mr J Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:06 am

It does indeed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:28 am