Welcome to Gregory House

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We hope you'll enjoy your stay... forever...

+4
taitofan
Becca-chan
supercomputer276
Nilgiree
8 posters

Head-canons?

Nilgiree
    Nilgiree

Head-canons? Empty Head-canons?

Post by Nilgiree Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:43 am

Head-canons are ideas, thoughts and theories that are not part of the original series (canon) and happen inside a fan's head.

Beleivable or unrealistic, serious or silly, I wanna hear what others think of about a character, his or her relationships, or the setting and world of GHS Very Happy

One of mine is that JB Gold is a pimp (Ok that one was stupid .__. I have more but I can't remember them at the moment)
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Head-canons? Empty Re: Head-canons?

Post by supercomputer276 Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:32 pm

You call them head-canons, I call them Wild Mass Guessings.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:07 am

Oh!!
    I have a few theories that I'd love to post, and one of them has one of supercomputer's guessings on there as well. ( I hope you don't mind if I post it, supercomputer ^^; )

Theories.

Hell's Chef could be a golem.
    Supercomputer276 once stated that there's a possibility that Hell's Chef could be a golem.

A golem is a creature ( made from materials such as mud, clay or stone...or in Chef's case, wax) brought to life by magic; they can function as servants and can end up being deactivated by the same means that gave them life.

Hell's Chef can only function when the candle wick on top of his chef hat is alight...and should that be blown out, his movements cease; the only way he'll move again is if Gregory relights the flame.
    Since Gregory appears to be the only one to be able to do this, it is definately apparent that the two are connected in some way; taking that into consideration, it would be possible that Gregory would be Chef's creator.

( From the research I've done on golems however, I was surprised to see that golems could be used as servants during the middle ages 500 - 1500 so either Gregory is much older than what we thought he was, or Chef was created in order to look after Gregory...or was created first in order to serve the family, only to look after Gregory much later, yet Gregory was somehow placed as having ownership over him.

Although I personally prefer Gregory being like the father to Chef, you do have to wonder how Chef is actually quite good with children, at least according to game canon where he is practically like a father to Roulette Boy and held in high regard with a lot of the children...with the exception of Lost Doll and James; whether or not it was a trait that he was created to have, or whether he picked it up from somewhere and the trait stuck since then)

Also tied to this golem theory is that Gregory could of modelled Chef on someone that he originally knew in-life...and once that person died, Gregory remade them into the Chef that we know.

Although the only thing that gets in the way of the golem theory, is that golems ( whether or not this just applies to classic golems, I'm not sure) can't talk and possess no ability to ever do so.
    And Hell's Chef can talk, 'though he *is* a man of few words and that; he can actually talk...so either he isn't a golem, or Gregory must of taken a lot of time in teaching him how to talk.

Hell's Chef might of been a human.
    Although this ties into the previous theory's lines about Chef being modelled into the Chef we know; from a human being, I figured that this theory is worth making a note of; as I have seen it done in a fan-art before.
    There's also the theory that Hell's Chef might of originally been a human.

Naturally he would of still been a chef ( and probably a world-class one too) in the game, Catherine says that he is a " World-class french chef" or something along those lines...so he must of had a lot of experience in making cuisines.

Although the question on how he would of escaped reality comes to mind...someone once hinted in a fan-art, that he may of killed some people before escaping to the hotel.

Another possibility is that he's a chef who took great pride in his cooking and most likely couldn't stand it when critics gave him negative views about his work.
    His ways of getting revenge may of included poison in bowls of soup.

Or he could of been a chef who died in a fire, due to an incident that involved a cigarette or something equally as flammable.
    ( Although he hates cigarettes and smoking for the fact that it kills taste-buds, a book by him reveals that he also hates smoking because it ruins a good body too)

Chef was born into the hotel.

Finally, the theory that me and my sister tend to go with for our role-play universe is that Hell's Chef was actually born into the hotel and actually had a mother and father to nurture him.

Although going along with another theory that's close to this subject, it could be that he was raised from a baby by Gregory...or that he even grew up alongside Gregory ( keep in mind that it's unclear how old Chef could be, it's just a fan-artists' interpretation for him to look like a young man) while they were raised by Gregory Mama.
    I often think that it was the latter choice...since in the game, Chef does refer to Gregory Mama as 'Mama' at one point...and seems to be equally scared of her as Gregory is.
    ( Although a few of the other residents are scared of Gregory Mama too, she seems to have that kind of reputation) and his friendly enough relationship with Gregory ( which seems to range from friend, brother to son at certain times) shows that they've known one another for a long time.

Hell's Chef also has some kind of paranoia about what people think about his cooking, something that he worringly states " So that's what they think about my cooking..." in the game after he comes back from serving Gregory Mama her evening meal.

Considering the fact he seems very paranoid ( although that might go with the theory on him formally being a human) it could be a hint that he didn't have any more of an easy upbringing than what Gregory did, something that hints that Gregory Mama may of indeed raised them both, since Gregory seems to be more gentle where Chef's concerned.

I have several more as well...but they can get really long. ^^;
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Oh thanks Becca, I completely forgot about my golem theory. According to TV Tropes, indeed the original golems of Hebrew lore didn't speak, but given the fantasy world that Gregory runs, it seems like quite a minor detail.

We could also combine the human and golem theories. I don't see any reason why the human who became Hell's Chef couldn't became a golem once he, for lack of a better term, gave in. In which case, the fact he could speak before prevents his new self from silence altogether, although it probably became very difficult.

And then we have what could be called a class of WMGs regarding a comment on the back of the first DVD's box:
    On the surface, each inhabitant of this "hotel for lost souls" represents a universal, everyday fear.
    And the theories are just what those fears are. My contributions to that subject:

Hell's Chef: fear of criticism

Judgment Boy: fear of consequences
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:52 pm

:: Nods, nods:: That's definately a possibility in Gregory's world;
    Just about anything can happen there. XD

And it's true that the residents symbolize an everyday fear...I wonder if Roulette Boy's one is a fear of gambling or something along those lines.

Also, while I'm still on, I'll post another head canon that I want to post!

This time we have one based on Gregory.

Maybe this is just typical for him being the title character of the show...but there's an endless amount of theories behind this old mouse, despite the fact that the third series ( Last Train) of Gregory Horror Show had him as the true main character.
    I've wrote an essay about hints to his past ( as in childhood) before, so instead I'll be discussing theories about his life in general.

Theories.
    Gregory could of once been a human.

Now this is just a theory, but there is always the possibility that Gregory may of once been a human living in the real world.
    This mainly just comes from the whole thing of him being aware of reality and knowing how 'cold' and 'harsh' it is out there; although this theory can easily be disapproved by saying that since he's an entity of dreams and desires, then of course he'd know how reality was; and what the person would want to get away from.

Although in the game, some of the interior of the hotel takes on an old-fashioned look ( mainly where the phone in the lobby resembles the kind of phone that you'd expect to see in the early 1900's) so Gregory must of at least experienced living through such a time; whether or not it was in the real world...although I don't think that purgatory has a specific timezone.

However, the manga eliminates this theory as it showed a glimpse at Gregory's childhood and he was indeed, still a mouse.

Did Gregory have a wife/ immediate family? ( This is a very long theory ^^; )

This is a question that actually came about when I had a think about the Gregory family.

There is one generation missing from the Gregory family ( what would be the parents of James) but in order to even get that far; it would have to of started with Gregory and a female, then of course a child would of been born from them; the child would of had to grow up and find a mate and then James would of eventually been born.

But in the series, there never seems to be any concrete proof that Gregory ever had children, let alone a wife... although he is friendly to children ( although gets annoyed if they're naughty...like James; although it's evident that he spoils that boy) and does seem rather hesistant ( at first) to let Gregory Mama eat the guest ( although it could be argued that he just didn't want Gregory Mama to eat the female guest yet; because her soul had only just started to wander and therefore wasn't 'ripe' enough)

He also states that he doesn't understand how a 'rose' feels...although you could also take that as a meaning that he doesn't understand a woman's feelings; nor does he seem to understand romantic relationships.

( At least that's what I'm guessing from Sleepy Sheep's episode in Second Guest; yet he could of meant about not knowing what Sleepy Sheep was dreaming about rather than not understanding about a person's lovelife; he does seem to downtalk himself quite a bit with that kind of thing though)
    However with that said, he doesn't seem to like it when people choose themselves ( like say, something involving a career) over their loved ones and classes them as 'terrible' people.

Although it could be argued with the results from any judgement Gregory's ever had, he's not really that much different from those people either.

In Second Guest however, he also classes such a predicament involving money over love ( and having a relationship fall apart as a result of it) as sad.
    Could the answer be that he could of once ( a long time ago) had a wife...and things fell apart between them because he chose his 'career' over her?
    In the game, there is a photograph of a female mouse ( clad in a bikini) in the storageroom.

She has blonde hair, blue eyes and is quite a pretty little thing; yet it is not known who she is.
    Although theories have ranged from the identity of the female mouse being a young Gregory Mama; to actually being the mouse form of the Second Guest from the second series...yet for the fact that it's a bikini photo, wouldn't that make the subject rather tricky ( Gregory Mama is Gregory's mother, the female guest became his adoptive sister) if it was those particular choices?

( The thought of Gregory incest is very disturbing. ^^;; )
    And so the answer as to who the mouse lady is, has never been directly answered; so her identity canonically remains a mystery.
    Yet there are some things within the game that have to make you wonder...

Also in the storage room ( among other things) is an old doll that may of once belonged to a little girl, although it's extremely dusty and obviously hasn't been played with in years.

Although that doll could of belonged to anyone, the possibility arises that Gregory may of very well had a daughter; therefore making him a father (which isn't impossible as he has shown to be quite gentle with children) and naturally, he would of had a wife/ female lover too.

In the game, one of Judgement Boy's random judgements ( the other two are reminiscent of the series and the one that did sound a lot like this one had differences in the series) just so happens to be this ( although this is currently para-phrased until I play the game again and get the proper quote)
    " You are a newly-wed male, your wife and your mother don't like one another and constantly argue.

Your mother is angry and your wife is upset, which one do you comfort?"
    -Edit- Okay! I played the game last night ( December 18th) and now I know how the judgement goes; so I shall be putting the actual quote here.
    " You're a newly married 29 year old man living with your mother!

Your wife and your mother just don't get along, in fact they're arguing for the 132nd time!
    Your wife is crying...your mother is angry...
    So, what will you do?"
    - End Edit -

No matter what answer you choose, the true answer will always be that 'you' comforted the mother instead of the wife...and as a result, the wife got so angry at that; she went back to live with her parents.

- Second edit - ( and I'll put the judgement's result here for good measure too, just to prove it)
    " In the end, you took your mother's side.
    In response, your wife gets angry and moves back in with her parents!"

- End edit -
    Although it's just a random judgement, with the choice that's made, as well as how the question was to begin with...you really do have to wonder if it was something to do with Gregory's past.
    Even though the judgement isn't given to him personally, the decision is most likely something that he would of done.

Despite the fact that he would choose a bit of cheese over his own mother, or even choose to kill her when he could of just left her or helped her; working for his mother is his career and he always tries to stay on her good side, not only that but he's a mother's boy through and through.

So if Gregory Mama was to ever get angry at a said-wife, of course Gregory would comfort his mother instead of his wife; with the result most likely being the end of that judgement.
    Or alternatively, if Gregory Mama wasn't above killing some of her own family members to get souls ( as a mouse-head shaped top on a bottled soul in one of the Second Guest episodes might suggest) Gregory could of been forced to side with either his wife ( who could of wanted to take him away from Gregory Mama) or his own mother in getting a soul...his wife's soul to be precise.

Although even if he did choose to get his wife's soul and give it to his mother, there's a chance that he may not of wanted to do it willingly.
    Or it was a case of Gregory had found a lady friend ( and never actually married) and they both had a child together...Gregory Mama may of found out about that and not been too happy about it.

Eitherway you look at it, something very messy must of happened...
    I'm unsure on what could of happened to the possible child that they had too, although whoever the child was; they lived long enough to have James.
    What made Gregory stitch up Nekozombie...and possibly kill the members of the said-cat's family?

It's the most asked question with the most sought after answer within the Gregory Horror Show fandom.

There's no denying that Gregory was the one who did indeed make Nekozombie the way he is (the hints of evidence can be found in both the game and the anime) but the question is 'why did he do it?'
    That's where the answers become various.

The answers you could get would most likely be based on how people see Gregory, how they see him would affect the way they view him morally.
    From the most selfish reason of " Because Gregory was jealous of Nekozombie, the cat had something that he didn't...and so he decided to take it all away from him; or he just didn't like it that Nekozombie talked back to him"
    To the more understandable ( but no less nasty) reason of, " Gregory could of done it ( the sewing up of Nekozombie) as an act of revenge.

It has actually been mentioned before that Gregory did what he did, as an act of revenge for something that Nekozombie did; but it's never been specifically said what happened.
    Of course with Gregory being a mouse and Nekozombie being a cat, it's not such an impossible thought that Neko may of caused trouble for the Gregory family.

( One such theory is that Nekozombie actually murdered some members of Gregory's family; and Gregory retaliated) but we may never fully know.
    The two do happen to hate one another with all their being though; and if the Gregory doing it out of revenge thing is true...then that would mean that Gregory and Nekozombie both lost families as a result of their actions.
    And as a last note, when Nekozombie gets revenge; he gets revenge on both Gregory *and* Gregory Mama...he knew exactly where to go, and chose to start the fire from there.
    So both Gregory and his mother may of had something to do with whatever happened.
    However, it is mentioned on the official Japanese profile of Nekozombie's; that he escaped from reality after he lost his owner in a dispute over succession and had roamed around the hotel as a zombie cat ever since.

( And that just makes it even more of a mystery than before, since where would the Gregory family come into that?!)
    Is there a connection between the manager and the hotel?

As strange as it is, there have been times ( both in the series and game) where Gregory seems to have some kind of connection with the hotel.
    Of course as far as the game is concerned, the best example of that would be where the hotel is rebuilding itself...and as it does that, Gregory appears to be regenerating too.

Although that scene was evident in Second Guest too...and even though it was the Gregory family who used their powers ( yes, all three of them have them!) to rebuild the hotel in the series; it's assumed that they did still regenerate with the hotel.

Then there's in the first series during Angel Dog's episode, when Gregory is trying to get the guest to go back to the guest room...the door to the guest room opens all by itself.
    And even though there was a chance that Gregory possibly wanted to get away from the hotel in the third series, Last Train; there were hints that he (secretly) may of wanted to go back to the hotel afterall.

And going back to the game, I realised that I have said about a theory of this before, only it was in the game section.

Here's the original thing ( from September 15th) of what was said about evidence supporting this theory in the game; This is another theory regarding Gregory...only this time, it's to do with the old mouse and the hotel itself.
    Although I would just like to point out that this theory was thought up by my sister, Bryony, so she deserves credit for all of this.

But there's been the possibility that Gregory and the hotel are in fact, one entity...or are linked to one another at least.
    Whether they are or not, is a mystery in the anime; as there doesn't seem to be too much symbolism to show it.
    Yet in the game, there's a lot of symbolism.

From the state of the hotel, where it's in need of repair in some places/ falling apart; but otherwise seems to be doing quite well for it's age.

( Much like the manager who runs it)
    To when the hotel is burnt down...the state of Gregory being all burnt and partially zombified is a lot like the hotel being reduced to rafters and ashes; and of course when the hotel regenerates, so does Gregory, at exactly the same time.

( This also happens in the anime, although it's the Gregory family who put the house back together there...although Gregory *still* regenerates the same time as the hotel then, and it focuses on him rather than the other two despite the fact that they were regenerating too)

In the game, Gregory seems to know when a new guest has arrived; one of the in-game cutscenes being where he's just at the front desk reading a book...he then stops reading and says how he better get ready for the new guests; it's almost as if he knew from the very beginning...or if something told him.

Gregory also states at one point that he can't remember when the hotel was built...something that could possibly tie in with him not remembering when he was born; yet it's clear that he's been at the hotel for a very long time.
    Also, if someone takes into account the outcome of Last Train from the anime series...if Mirror Man led Gregory and the train back to the hotel ( showing Gregory his reflection, and possibly the way forward) then it could be possible that Gregory is part of the hotel.

Even though Gregory had seemingly ran away from the hotel at the beginning of Last Train.
    If the thing about the mirror's reflection is true, then it's likely that the hotel is part of Gregory's soul, his desire to find a place for the lost souls to stay being so strong, that it shaped the building that we're so familiar with when Gregory returned to it with the lost souls.

Gregory's duty then becoming dedicated to the guests that live there, as well as his mother.
    And if they are linked, then Gregory and the hotel age alongside one another...and if Gregory was to die/ fade away forever, the hotel would do the same.

Of course there's no telling how long Gregory and the hotel could of been connected, he could of been connected to it after the events of Last Train...or he was connected to it from the moment he was born/ if he was born naturally.

If they are linked to each other however, it's possible that the hotel was brand new when Gregory was born...and it's state now shows how old he is, as well as the fact that he hardly seems to have enough time to take care of it because he's too busy looking after the other residents there.

The next question however is about the heir to the hotel, if it's possible for such a handover to happen.

If so, then that would mean that the next manager of the hotel would be James, who does actually (sometimes) seem to see it as his duty to do the work when his Grandfather rests.

Although it's a good possibility that the residents and James ( or maybe just James) are the only things that are still keeping Gregory going.
    taitofan
    taitofan

Post by taitofan Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:27 pm

I don't have any long or involved head-canon for the GHS cast (unlike, say, Pokemon, where I could fill up a book with my ideas for the minor character's pasts alone), but I have a few. Some come from things that are in the game, just elaborated upon.

Like...

The children with parents were born within this purgatory world. I guess the fact that I see it as purgatory is head-canon too, though it's pretty heavily hinted at in canon at least. Oh, and everyone not born into the world was once a human.

My Son is in love with pudding (like, favorite food that he'd eat all day, every day). This is mostly because I thought it was adorable that you found it in his room. He's also in love with the pudding maker, but that's probably more appropriate for a shipping thread, haha. He also hates seeing people drinking, for obvious reasons.

When Catherine was alive, she was in a very bad relationship that messed with her head, with some very triggering subjects involved that I won't get into.

Roulette Boy, Mummy Dog, and My Son are total bffs (and none of them are friends with James). Roulette Boy hangs out with Judgment Boy in the basement when they're busy. There is much spinning involved.

Hell's Chef puts up with a lot of nonsense with the three aforementioned kids, for different reasons. He makes them snacks whenever they come a-calling.

I'm sure there are more that I'm just blanking on right now~

Judgment Boy Gold being a pimp should be in everyone's head canon. XD I see it!
    SonicHearts
    SonicHearts
    Admin

Post by SonicHearts Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:51 pm

taitofan wrote:Judgment Boy Gold being a pimp should be in everyone's head canon. XD I see it!

It's so head canon, it's canon~ XD
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:35 pm

taitofan wrote:
    Judgment Boy Gold being a pimp should be in everyone's head canon. XD I see it!

He so totally is a pimp! XD
    Seriously, I'm not sure why...but everytime I look at him, I got the impression that he's some kind of pimp; heck even in mine and my sister's RP's he's a pimp...with a wife ^^;
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:44 pm

I have a new one!

Gregory Horror Show is just that: a show put on by Gregory, and every resident's in on it.

All the residents are actors, with Gregory as the head of the troop. When a new guest arrives, Gregory figures out the weak points in his/her psyche and assigns "roles" to the resident to play out in front of the guest until the guest breaks down and ends up becoming a resident, joining the troop.

To be clear, I don't intend for this to be a major change in the general format of the show. This is mostly to explain how orchestrated the encounters with the residents seem to be, as well as the differences in characters between installments (such as Neko Zombie between the anime and manga).

Of course, I have no idea where this puts Last Train or Bloody Karte... Maybe how they act in those seasons is how they naturally act when not playing a role for a guest?
    CyberFox
    CyberFox

Post by CyberFox Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:37 am

I still wanna know about Gregory's daughter of which Gregory, James and Gregory Mama acquired after The Second Guest

What does she look like now she's part of Gregory's family? (that's the big question!)
    Oos
    Oos

Post by Oos Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:29 pm

Here's a pretty bizarre one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] This is who Catherine was before she came to the hotel.

Note her original name in Japanese (Kyasarin, or Catherine), plus her colors.
    SonicHearts
    SonicHearts
    Admin

Post by SonicHearts Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Oos wrote:Here's a pretty bizarre one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] This is who Catherine was before she came to the hotel.

Note her original name in Japanese (Kyasarin, or Catherine), plus her colors.

MY NEW CANON.
    Oos
    Oos

Post by Oos Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:41 pm

I KNOW RIGHT

When I put 2 and 2 together I was like ohhh myyyy goddddd what even i dont what what WHAT

maddly
    maddly

Post by maddly Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:20 am

my headcannons

judgement boy is a wrtahful god
    my son and daddy time are time lords
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:59 pm

So, because my motivation is at a wane right now, I'm doing my rounds of the show's TV Tropes page, and I check the WMG page to find this at the top:

Gregory House exists in the same world as Animal Crossing.

I've seen this here before, but only now do I think, "...Wait a minute, I've actually had that fanfic idea once!"

Strange minds think alike.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:03 am