Welcome to Gregory House

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We hope you'll enjoy your stay... forever...

5 posters

taito's Sprites

taitofan
    taitofan

taito's Sprites Empty taito's Sprites

Post by taitofan Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:30 pm

So, I'm making a GHS RPG in RPG Maker. And since I'm sure that my friends on LJ are gonna get mighty sick of me talking about my progress, I'll move my (admittedly amateurish) spriting efforts here instead.

Criticism is welcome, but I can't guarantee I can do any better than what I'm posting here unless it's a color issue. I'll certainly try though!

Full Sprite Sheets:
    taito's Sprites Hellschefset-taito's Sprites Mysonset-taito's Sprites Rouletteboyset-taito's Sprites Catherineset-taito's Sprites Lostdollset-taito's Sprites Mummydogset

taito's Sprites Angeldogset-taito's Sprites Devildogset-taito's Sprites Jamesset

In Progress Sprites:
    taito's Sprites Cactusgirl-taito's Sprites Judgmentboy

Next on the List: Gregory, Mummy Papa, Clock Master (and more later)
    Next Sprite Sheet: Cactus Girl (hopefully with a hat!)

Last edited by taitofan on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:47 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Four more added)
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

taito's Sprites Empty Re: taito's Sprites

Post by supercomputer276 Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:50 pm

*chuckles* This is certainly an interesting take on the characters. Very nice.
    CyberFox
    CyberFox

Post by CyberFox Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:54 pm

Since it maybe a continuity of GHS
    Here are some ideas
    - How about making a mockup of Gregory's young daughter (as acquired after The Second Guest)
    - Neko Zombie is now an android after his original body burned in the events of The Second Guest and Soul Collector

Story wise, first it must explain how they got to the world of Gregory House
    how about this
    - The team was once dorm-mates at a college playing an innocent RPG and then the college dean became such a dick and destroyed their home console and threated them with calibur rifle
    as to how does this add up to how they get there? - enter James (Gregory's grandson) posing as an innocent street peddler as he offers them a new game console with a new game (Gregory's Game). The dormmates agreed to take the console and decided to play it but are welcomed by the game sucking them into the world of Gregory House

Mock up of Gregory's Game cart: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img192/2685/46594245.jpg

What do ya think?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:08 pm

those are pretty good

Last edited by krusi on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    taitofan
    taitofan

Post by taitofan Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:27 am

@supercomputer276: Thanks. X3 I kept my favorite human versions of the characters in mind when I made them. *spends way too much time on Pixiv*

@CyberFox: That is an interesting idea, but I already have a basic plot planned. Thanks for sharing though! I'll take any ideas people want to share.

*is almost done with Catherine* I should have her up tomorrow, then I'll work on Lost Doll.
    CyberFox
    CyberFox

Post by CyberFox Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:11 am

taitofan wrote:@supercomputer276: Thanks. X3 I kept my favorite human versions of the characters in mind when I made them. *spends way too much time on Pixiv*

@CyberFox: That is an interesting idea, but I already have a basic plot planned. Thanks for sharing though! I'll take any ideas people want to share.

*is almost done with Catherine* I should have her up tomorrow, then I'll work on Lost Doll.

So you will have Gregory's young daughter and Android Neko Zombie in it?
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:39 am

@ taitofan - Those sprites look excellent!
    I'm looking forward to seeing them when all of them are finished.
    And I'll admit, I like looking at all the different human designs that they often have on Pixiv as well.

taitofan
    taitofan

Post by taitofan Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:08 pm

@CyberFox: The android idea might actually work with some tweaking... Or rather, cyborgs. *plotting* I dunno about the Second Guest, but maybe.

@Becca-chan: Thank you very much! I'm glad you're enjoying them~
    I love Pixiv as a whole, but when I got into GHS and saw all of the awesome designs there, I fell in love even more. ♥

General update: I added Catherine's sprite sheet to the first post. She's slightly different from the the single sprite I had before. Next I'm doing Lost Doll's sprite sheet, then I'll probably make a new character. Probably Gregory, but don't hold me to that. X3

EDIT: And~ Lost Doll is up. Yes, you see the blue face when she turns around. Now off to make Gregory...
    taitofan
    taitofan

Post by taitofan Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:50 pm

I've updated the first post again, this time with Mummy Dog, Angel Dog, Devil Dog, and James. Because I am very wishy washy and decided they would all be easier than Gregory.

Next should be Cactus Girl or Clock Master. Maybe both!
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:10 am

:: Nods, nods:: Pixiv is a goldmine when it comes to human designs for the characters.
    What ones are your favourites?
    ( I have quite a few artists that I really admire)

And awwwww!! those recent sprites are adorable too.
    They're very detailed as well!
    Oceanflow
    Oceanflow

Post by Oceanflow Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:26 am

theese look awesome => i really hope to see it done someday
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:47 pm

I was too exhuasted yesterday to comment, but something about Roulette Boy seems off. The middle part of his wheel (where the numbers are) seems disproportionally small, by which I mean the rim of the wheel looks too wide or thick or something like. You get what I'm saying?
    taitofan
    taitofan

Post by taitofan Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:39 pm

@Becca-chan: Oh my, I love so many too... But I'll try to keep this short. This artist has my absolute favorite designs. I've based a lot of my sprites on those looks. This artist is a very close second. Their high image output is wonderful too. And this a close third. Lastly, this artist has only drawn one GHS picture with only two characters in it, but I'm giving them special mention for drawing the only My Son slash I know of. That gets, like, a bajillion bonus points.

And anyone thinking, 'Gee taito, could your criteria be a bit biased? You seem to love artists who draw My Son in a very cute manner!' are only mostly right. Sexy Catherine gets you my love and devotion too. *bricked*

And~ Thank you again! I'm so glad you're liking them!

@Oceanflow: Thank you! I'm outlining the plot as I'm making these sprites (and doing little tests here and there to make sure the sprites move/interact okay), and hopefully once I'm done that I can get right into making the game. *crosses fingers*

@supercomputer276: Duly noted. I'll see about making that part bigger. I need a break from trying to make Cactus Girl a good looking hat anyway. XP

General update: Cactus Girl is giving me a headache, but I should have Clock Master done tomorrow (I have his base sprite done). And potentially new back sprites for Roulette Boy. After that, either Cactus Girl will get her hat or my mind will explode and she'll just have to go without.
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:46 am

taitofan wrote:@Becca-chan: Oh my, I love so many too... But I'll try to keep this short. This artist has my absolute favorite designs. I've based a lot of my sprites on those looks. This artist is a very close second. Their high image output is wonderful too. And this a close third. Lastly, this artist has only drawn one GHS picture with only two characters in it, but I'm giving them special mention for drawing the only My Son slash I know of. That gets, like, a bajillion bonus points.

And anyone thinking, 'Gee taito, could your criteria be a bit biased? You seem to love artists who draw My Son in a very cute manner!' are only mostly right. Sexy Catherine gets you my love and devotion too. *bricked*

And~ Thank you again! I'm so glad you're liking them!

Oh! I really like those artists as well, I've seen a lot of that second artist's works, she has a thing for drawing Boy and Girl with weapons every now and then.

Awww I've seen that one of Mummy Dog and My Son as well, they use very nice colours.

I know that I've got quite a few GHS pictures bookmarked on Pixiv.
    ( my nickname on there is Becky)so if you wanted to browse through them, you'd be more than welcome.

And you're welcome!
    I'm really looking forward to this particular project, I'd love to play it when it was done as well.
    taitofan
    taitofan

Post by taitofan Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:19 pm

@Becca-chan: Pixiv is such a treasure trove of amazing art. ♥

I've seen your art there (and I'm watching you on DA; I'll have to stop lurking and actually start commenting!), so yeah, I'll do that. I think I've gone through all of the GHS tags, but if I've missed something amazing, I certainly want to see it!

General Update: So...Photoshop froze my laptop today, so I didn't get a whole lot accomplished sprite-wise. Clock Master is 75% done, Cactus Girl is gonna have to have an in game excuse for not having a hat, cause it's just not happening, and I've hopefully fixed Roulette Boy.
    taito's Sprites Rbfix
    Does this look better than the one in the first post?
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Yeah, much better!
    taitofan
    taitofan

Post by taitofan Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:14 am

Wonderful! I'll switch that to the actual sprite then.

I...don't have anything to show at the moment. Photoshop crashed a few days ago and it's bringing my poor laptop down to its knees whenever I try to open anything. I'm mostly focusing on writing out the plot outline now until it decides to cooperate. Hopefully I'll have lots to show in the coming week!

Clock Master is about 75% done and Cactus Girl 25%, if nothing else.
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:22 am

Oh man, I feel ya when your laptop suddenly betrays ya. Although in my current case it's a hardware problem as opposed to software.
    Oceanflow
    Oceanflow

Post by Oceanflow Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:17 am

i hate it when your cp/laptop does that, i once recorded a lp and audacity crashed so i had to replay the entire game to get it done again XD"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:30 am