Welcome to Gregory House

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We hope you'll enjoy your stay... forever...

3 posters

Fan-made US release

CyberFox
    CyberFox

Fan-made US release Empty Fan-made US release

Post by CyberFox Sun May 15, 2011 12:04 am

I know this sounds like a bit much
    but, It would be sweet if GHS fans would do a US release of the PS2 game "Gregory Horror Show: Soul Collector" and sell it exclusively online and at anime and furry conventions
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Fan-made US release Empty Re: Fan-made US release

Post by supercomputer276 Sun May 15, 2011 12:26 am

Yeah, it is a bit much; PS2 games are sorta beyond our abilities. For English language, there's still the PAL version. Sure, we gotta get a PAL PS2 for that, but still.

And I don't think GHS would fit in at furry conventions, to be honest...
    CyberFox
    CyberFox

Post by CyberFox Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:11 am

supercomputer276 wrote:Yeah, it is a bit much; PS2 games are sorta beyond our abilities. For English language, there's still the PAL version. Sure, we gotta get a PAL PS2 for that, but still.

And I don't think GHS would fit in at furry conventions, to be honest...

Even so, a reproduction for the US audience is a must for a good reason
    both the Japanese and PAL versions of this game are ridiculously hard to find and expensive
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:29 pm

Believe me, I am not unfamiliar with the difficulty in locating cult games. It took me ages to find a copy of Pac-Man World 3.

And well, failing a hard copy, there is emulation, though I yet to know of a good PS2 emulator.
    Gargoyle
    Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:31 pm

I've had the game twice in my lifetime and I have since seen the PAL version floating about on sites numerous times afterwards. In terms of the PAL release its relatively simple to find online, but the Japanese version is fairly expensive and usually out of stock - so your right on that one!

An online release sounds nice but way out of most people's capabilities I'm afraid, perhaps a fan-made remake would be possible?

supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:18 pm

With Unity 3D, I wouldn't imagine it impossible for a recreation to be made, but it will not be easy and, judging by how my own scanlation project is going... Yeah, it probably wouldn't even get done. A game requires a lot more work than people think: graphics, sound, code, and in 3D you have to deal with lighting, camera, textures... It takes a high level of dedication. I speak from experience here.
    Gargoyle
    Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:48 am

I know this as well, I've taken a Games Development course, used many 3D/2D editing programs and engines in my time.

But a fan-made 'remake' doesn't have to necessarily involve creating the game in 3D, it could be the same game just in a 2D or isometric-type perspective.

Just suggesting ideas is all!
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:32 pm

Hm, isometric could work well enough in theory, and could be done with no trouble in a program like Game Maker; they even have a tutorial for such a thing. And given the blocky visual style, isometric seems like a perfectly suitable style; if Capcom made the game during the PS1 era, they quite likely would have used that. Ooh, I'm actually seeing GM's minimal of 3D functions used to build a 3D world that looks isometric, as in the camera views it from that 45-degree angle, and doesn't draw the walls closer to the camera; this could allow for the possibility of rotating the camera! If I wasn't busy with other projects, I would totally get started on a working model for that!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content