Welcome to Gregory House

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We hope you'll enjoy your stay... forever...

2 posters

Animated essay on GHS.

myungnips
    myungnips

Animated essay on GHS. Empty Animated essay on GHS.

Post by myungnips Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:35 am

Hey all!

I've been a fan of GHS since my parents bought me the game and I wouldn't play anything but that - ever. Many a day was spent playing the game without saving for 5 hours and dying. Needless to say it was the greatest game I played in my childhood.

I was over the moon when I found I could write about it for an Animation and The Virtual World essay. My take on the essay is mainly on how a virtual world is created. I'm comparing GHS to Pokemon to focus on what worlds they portray, and bring in a popularly aspect to why Pokemon thrived and GHS never really gained much success.

Admittedly, the sole reason could be a lack of proper advertising and availability. But also the kind of themes it covers. I've only just found the TV show online so I'm amazed at how to the introductions of the characters in the game as very similar to the introductions in the anime. I'm crazy in love with the game and will tell anyone who will listen about it!

Another thing I found curious is Catherine is very sexualised. The first thing she says in the game is "that face makes me want to do terrible things to you" in a sexy voice. The show was even more creepy and disturbing when she quite literally, has an orgasm when drawing the characters blood. I can't help but wonder if the topic and scary aspect to a black comedy show/game had a part in the game's/show's lack of success. What do you guys think?

I wish it wasn't so hard to get hold of the game/show [besides buying from America] or any merchandise. Also I notice the official website for the game/show has disappeared! This does not please me. Why don't people know about this amazing game or show?
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Animated essay on GHS. Empty Re: Animated essay on GHS.

Post by supercomputer276 Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:52 pm

I know, right?! Being a cult fan can be discouraging at times just due to how so few people there are that have heard of it, let alone be fans of it. But they're known as "cult fans" because of their cultish tendencies; once they have a hold of it, they never really let it go.

Catherine, I think, is like a combination of a vampire and a succubus as far as theme goes. She seems to represent those women who would show you a "good time" only to leave you dry (in Catherine's case, literally). Seems to be a bit of classic temptation.

Hm... I think I got an idea for a stream after this one...

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:56 am