Welcome to Gregory House

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We hope you'll enjoy your stay... forever...

3 posters

Have you seen these images?

supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Have you seen these images? Empty Have you seen these images?

Post by supercomputer276 Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:52 pm

Those who have been around here a while will... maybe remember my old GHS signature images thread. Each of these images had a different image within it, one of the characters from the show in a high quality GIF format.

These came from GregoryHorror.com, which has been closed since at least 2009. Attempts to use the Wayback Machine site to retrieve the images has resulted in failure except for Neko Zombie (which seems rather arbitrary, but...).

I still hope, however, that the majority of these images can be retrieved just as they were. And with the possibility of a new wiki on the horizon, I believe these images will provide the best representation of each character on their individual pages. I hope I can count on all of you to keep an eye out for these images wherever they may lurk. It'll be quite a job, but I know it can be done!

If you find or happen to have any of these, throw them up here! The more characters we catch (the images of) the better!

Here are the ones I have on file (if they've been uploaded to the current Wikia wiki, they will be linked to; use these as examples):
    • Angel Dog / Devil Dog
    • Cactus Girl
    • Death
    • Hell's Chef
    • Judgment Boy
    • Judgment Boy Gold
    • Neko Zombie
    • Roulette Boy

Have you seen these images? Angel_Dog_image "Do your best, everyone!"
    Gargoyle
    Gargoyle

Have you seen these images? Empty Re: Have you seen these images?

Post by Gargoyle Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:30 am

Have you seen these images? Gregory-Horror-Show-Wallpapers-gregory-horror-show-2670216-

Like this? [without the backgrounds of course]
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:23 pm

Like that, yeah. And without all the JPG artifacts.
    Gargoyle
    Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:09 pm

I think that almost all of the characters that you are looking for are on that YouTube video anyway, and in decent quality.

I was surprised to see some of the images there because I had no idea that some of them existed! I wish I'd had the chance to see the old Gregorhorror website now.
    Mr J
    Mr J

Post by Mr J Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:03 pm

I'm more interested on the volume 5 mystery
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:24 pm

Keep in mind the list of characters listed in the first post are the ones I already have; the "full checklist" is basically the size chart. And while the majority of them are in that video, it would be next to impossible to get the original GIFs out of it.

Given the overall prevalence of the images on some of the merchandise, such as the board/card game, I think these images are basically the official character artwork. Speaking of the board/card game, the character images and descriptions beneath the board match the old site's (the descriptions, at least, I still got on file); I think there may be a connection, but what are the odds Upper Deck still has any of their associated files left?

I just tried to access the site through the Wayback Machine again, only to find the domain had been given robots.txt by the domain reseller. Thank god I managed to get the pairs-match game off the site on my last go-through or that really would have been lost forever.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:12 am