Welcome to Gregory House

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We hope you'll enjoy your stay... forever...

+8
Nilgiree
CyberFox
thinkintrixxter
Oos
supercomputer276
skullvic
Becca-chan
SonicHearts
12 posters

Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga]

Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga] - Page 2 Empty Re: Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga]

Post by Becca-chan Wed May 04, 2011 3:53 pm

Sorry for double-posting, but here is the manga RAW, all uploaded especially for you guys!

You can download it from here ( I had tried Photobucket, but I think it was too much for it, so Mega Upload was my best choice)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

( You just have to skip the advert that this link leads to, and then wait 40 seconds for the download option to come up, there's also the code that you use in order to download the manga when it's ready)

And also! ( and this is really important) make sure that you have something that can open rar. files, as that's what the whole load is saved as.

Other than that, I hope that you all enjoy the manga. ^_^

Last edited by Becca-chan on Wed May 04, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga] - Page 2 Empty Re: Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga]

Post by supercomputer276 Wed May 04, 2011 4:02 pm

Holy shnap, that's a lot of pages.
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Wed May 04, 2011 4:32 pm

supercomputer276 wrote:Holy shnap, that's a lot of pages.

I counted at least 200-ish pages. O.O
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Wed May 04, 2011 5:04 pm

Yeah, it's been over an hour and it's still not done downloading.
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Wed May 04, 2011 5:48 pm

supercomputer276 wrote:Yeah, it's been over an hour and it's still not done downloading.

Well the file itself is about 484 MB or something like that, no wonder it's taking so long ^^;
    Be patient though, it should be downloaded eventually.
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Wed May 04, 2011 10:47 pm

OK, I got them and... sorry to say, the way you named the pages sorta... sucked. My computer's set up to list files alphabetically, so when the files are named "page1", "page2," "page3". etc. to "page10," when I'm using a common sequential image viewer, the result is it shows "page1" and when I turn the page, I'm at "page10." For future reference, placeholder 0s ("page01") make sure these things stay in order no matter how many powers of ten you go up.

I'm thinking I could do a little repackaging and set everything up in a CBR file. A CBR file is a comic book archive file; in format it's a lot like a ZIP or RAR, but it's set up so programs such as Comical can allows the images to be viewed like a comic book.
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Thu May 05, 2011 7:38 am

supercomputer276 wrote:OK, I got them and... sorry to say, the way you named the pages sorta... sucked. My computer's set up to list files alphabetically, so when the files are named "page1", "page2," "page3". etc. to "page10," when I'm using a common sequential image viewer, the result is it shows "page1" and when I turn the page, I'm at "page10." For future reference, placeholder 0s ("page01") make sure these things stay in order no matter how many powers of ten you go up.

I'm thinking I could do a little repackaging and set everything up in a CBR file. A CBR file is a comic book archive file; in format it's a lot like a ZIP or RAR, but it's set up so programs such as Comical can allows the images to be viewed like a comic book.

Gah, that's why I would rather someone else had scanned it if they'd of got the manga instead. ^^;

But anyways, yeah that sounds like a good idea
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Thu May 05, 2011 6:28 pm

Currently, the CBR file's hit a bit of a snag. Namely, Windows Explorer glitching up when I'm trying to rename page 47. You'd almost think the files were cursed or something. Or maybe it's a virus or something didn't go right during the download. I'll be looking into that.

UPDATE: Problem's resolved. CBR may be up somewhere or at least made by this weekend.
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Fri May 06, 2011 5:26 am

supercomputer276 wrote:Currently, the CBR file's hit a bit of a snag. Namely, Windows Explorer glitching up when I'm trying to rename page 47. You'd almost think the files were cursed or something. Or maybe it's a virus or something didn't go right during the download. I'll be looking into that.

UPDATE: Problem's resolved. CBR may be up somewhere or at least made by this weekend.

Looking forward to it~
    Once we've got the comic in a proper format, we can probably see about translating it...'though I confess that I tried translating one scene last night and didn't get very far. ^^;;
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Fri May 06, 2011 12:20 pm

Well admittingly, the resulting pages will be arranged left to right due to the format usually being used for Western comics, but I hope that's a minor detail.

I can probably get this on Mediafire if I separate the different chapters into individual CBR files. Although that'd require me figuring out where the chapter breaks are. Also, between which pages do I put the eyecatchers...?

We should probably look to see if we can get someone who knows Japanese better than any of us that can do a translation job. I'd nominate my brother since he knows more Japanese than I do, but not enough to do a translation.
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Fri May 06, 2011 1:03 pm

supercomputer276 wrote:Well admittingly, the resulting pages will be arranged left to right due to the format usually being used for Western comics, but I hope that's a minor detail.

I can probably get this on Mediafire if I separate the different chapters into individual CBR files. Although that'd require me figuring out where the chapter breaks are. Also, between which pages do I put the eyecatchers...?

We should probably look to see if we can get someone who knows Japanese better than any of us that can do a translation job. I'd nominate my brother since he knows more Japanese than I do, but not enough to do a translation.

Alright then, the convertion to western formatting shouldn't be too much of a problem, since that's what they often do when translating a manga anyway.

And the eye-catches go at the end of each chapter/ night, or rather they come up just after the page that says " x x night end"

The translating could be done in bits and pieces...or we could find someone whose really good at translating.
    thinkintrixxter
    thinkintrixxter

Post by thinkintrixxter Sat May 07, 2011 1:55 pm

Becca-chan wrote:I agree, it really can be like that.
    I mean even in the series, Last Train and Bloody Karte were different perspectives on how the characters were viewed.

And also just to add, I'm currently scanning the manga now.

- Edit -

I've scanned 145 pages so far, though I'll scan the rest tomorrow

- Edit -

I've scanned all the pages, and currently looking for a file hosting site to put the RAW onto, I've decided on Megaupload since Mediafire has a file size limit.

Becky, you are the best. ;---; I love you
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Sat May 07, 2011 3:50 pm

I'll see if I can tell which pages the chapters end on myself and rename the eyecatches accordingly.

Also, most scanlations (that's what they're called) for manga have a page at the end crediting the translation team. I'm thinking of calling ourselves "Project Another World," with our logo in the visual style of the GHS logo. It's not like I haven't done that before. What do you think?

Incidentally, most photo files, including scans, are saved in JPG format; in fact, for photos and stuff, that's the ideal format. I'm curious why the files were saved as PNG.
    skullvic
    skullvic

Post by skullvic Sun May 08, 2011 11:39 am

Im agree xD let's translate xDDDD!!!
    after the english translation Ill try to translate it into Spanish by my way cyclops
    to spanish-fans xDDD Razz if you don't mind, of course becca-chan ^___^
    one other topic, bec. ¿On which page did you buy the manga?
    ¿Do you recomend buy it there?
    thanks another time for the scanlations Embarassed Razz
    skullvic
    skullvic

Post by skullvic Mon May 09, 2011 7:15 am

I have reported the GHS-fans on Deviantart Fanclub about the scanning
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    ^__^ They have right to know it, aren't they? tongue
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Mon May 09, 2011 11:08 am

Blah, trust the internet to not work for 2 days ^^; but it's working again now!

@ supercomputer276 - I'd ended up saving the pages as a PNG format because it's more high quality than JPEG, but if you want to resave them as JPEG's then I'm cool with that.

I also liked the idea of our scanlation team being called " Another World project" and also I'd say go ahead for the visual logo too.

@ Skullvic - You can translate it into spanish too ^_^
    And thank you for letting others know about the manga on DA's GHS site.

By the way, the website that I brought the manga from was here; Gregory Horror Show Another World - Amazon

I do recommend people to buy the manga if they can, although you would have to make an account on the Japanese amazon site, since they do have a form for people that are overseas, to fill in.
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Mon May 09, 2011 12:10 pm

It seems I am tardy. My apologies.

While PNG does not drop quality, it's not really the ideal format for photos. My drawings are done in JPG and they look great (or at least sufficient). Just a note for next time.

Also it's not "Another World Project," it's "Project Another World," much like how the copyright info on our wallpaper forum background reads "PROJECT GREGORY HORROR SHOW." Also, I've already assembled the logo; how's it look?

Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga] - Page 2 Logo
    skullvic
    skullvic

Post by skullvic Mon May 09, 2011 1:15 pm

hey one question that I remember now seeing the logo...
    ¿How can I do a picture with no background as your, supercom.?
    I mean, that the background is where you put the image.
    That happens in png. pics I now, but I tried and I didn't achieve T-T
    You know a video-tutorial or something like that to learn it?
    Thanks again ^^
    ...and, to translate the manga... ¿How are you going to do? You know japanese? o-O
    clown
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Mon May 09, 2011 4:31 pm

Getting transparency in PNG files is easy enough with the right program. Pretty much any image-editing program besides MS Paint can get the job done. Paint.NET, GIMP, Photoshop... I use Paint.NET myself.

Right now, Becca's our translator, although I am looking into finding someone fluent in Japanese that can help. If you (or anyone else reading this, for that matter) know anyone that knows Japanese, it'd be a great help.

Also, general announcement: I've finished renumbering the pages and are now going through them to find the chapter breaks.
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Mon May 09, 2011 4:54 pm

supercomputer276 wrote:Getting transparency in PNG files is easy enough with the right program. Pretty much any image-editing program besides MS Paint can get the job done. Paint.NET, GIMP, Photoshop... I use Paint.NET myself.

Right now, Becca's our translator, although I am looking into finding someone fluent in Japanese that can help. If you (or anyone else reading this, for that matter) know anyone that knows Japanese, it'd be a great help.

Also, general announcement: I've finished renumbering the pages and are now going through them to find the chapter breaks.

Just to add, I think we may well need someone who is more fluent in Japanese, I can only go so far with translating things into romanji ( like names and things like Gregory's laugh) so we really do need help with it.

And by the way, yeah sorry about that, I've been getting things round the wrong way today ^^;

That icon for the scanlator group looks awesome!
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Mon May 09, 2011 5:01 pm

Glad to hear you like it! The mix-up is forgivable, mostly because it'd be silly to get riled up over such things.

Also, on page 59, there seems to be a glitched-up text box in the top-right corner. You think you can find something to do about that, please? Pages 64 and 65 should also be one image, I think, judging by the way the panels are laid out.
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Mon May 09, 2011 6:21 pm

supercomputer276 wrote:Glad to hear you like it! The mix-up is forgivable, mostly because it'd be silly to get riled up over such things.

Also, on page 59, there seems to be a glitched-up text box in the top-right corner. You think you can find something to do about that, please? Pages 64 and 65 should also be one image, I think, judging by the way the panels are laid out.

E-heh, that glitched box was actually my attempt to sharpen that area, since the writing was blurred...the said blurring was unfortunately done by my scanner, and also; while re-reading the manga, I found two pages that I'd forgotten previously and they come just before page 59 oddly enough.

And about pages 64-65 being made into one page, that sounds good to me.

supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Mon May 09, 2011 6:41 pm

So I see that Toru's room is 404.

If, during my localization, I do not make an "error" joke, I would lose my creditals as a computer nerd.

It would also be appropriate, as a 404 error means "page not found."
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Mon May 09, 2011 6:48 pm

supercomputer276 wrote:So I see that Toru's room is 404.

If, during my localization, I do not make an "error" joke, I would lose my creditals as a computer nerd.

It would also be appropriate, as a 404 error means "page not found."

XD! That is actually pretty funny, and quite ironic too...as you have to wonder if Toru ever does go back to the hotel in the end.
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Mon May 09, 2011 6:50 pm

I'm not quite that far yet, I'm up to Chapter 7. What the heck happened to the chick?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 pm