Welcome to Gregory House

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We hope you'll enjoy your stay... forever...

+8
Nilgiree
CyberFox
thinkintrixxter
Oos
supercomputer276
skullvic
Becca-chan
SonicHearts
12 posters

Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga]

Nilgiree
    Nilgiree

Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga] - Page 8 Empty Re: Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga]

Post by Nilgiree Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:43 am

All's fine with me : )
    Also, would you mind telling me about how many chapters we have left? Just curious
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga] - Page 8 Empty Re: Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga]

Post by supercomputer276 Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:41 am

There's a total of 11 chapters, so once we finish this one, we'll be just over halfway done! And we've got a rich selection of residents left to torment our freeter friend, ranging the gauntlet from James to Roulette Boy to Trap Mouse.
    CyberFox
    CyberFox

Post by CyberFox Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:57 am

:3
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:58 pm

Hiya everyone!
    Sorry I hadn't been on much, I've only just got through some issues with my laptop.

I've read through the localized version of chapter 6 and I saw no problems at all~
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:44 am

Sorry to keep you all waiting! Here's the chapter 6 text insertion!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Once again, I hate Japanese text for being vertical. Trying to put horizontal text in it is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole sometimes. Resulting in me having to get a little creative with which balloon held what. There's some parts I'm a little unsure of, but overall I don't think it's bad.

And now for the hell of it, here's how many times each of the previous finalized chapters have been downloaded according to MediaFire:

Night 1: 31
    Night 2: 40
    Night 3: 30
    Night 4: 25
    Night 5: 17
    Nilgiree
    Nilgiree

Post by Nilgiree Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:15 am

Wow the vertical bubbles do look like a pain o_o;; But it all looks good to me!
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:08 pm

While waiting for Becca's go-ahead (man, we really need to get activity going here...!), I'm preparing the chapter 7 raw. Speaking of Becca, I seem to be missing page 131, but judging by the book-spine shadows, I'm guessing she skipped a number by accident in numbering them. It happens.
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:02 pm

And back in business, here's the chapter 7 raw!

I've a feeling a few rescans may be required, though, though that's Nil's call and not mine.
    Nilgiree
    Nilgiree

Post by Nilgiree Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:17 am

Would it be fine if I made the speech bubbles in the two-page spread completely filled in? I don't think I can keep the patterns in them without making them look bad.

As for rescans I only need one for pg 141 Smile
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:23 pm

The filling-in will be alright.
    Nilgiree
    Nilgiree

Post by Nilgiree Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:47 am

While I'm waiting for Becca to rescan that page, here's the translation for chapter 7

supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:57 am

The translation looks good, though I think you missed a little SFX in the middle of the first page (145). You can just put that here and I'll remember to put it in the localization script.

Do your best on cleaning page 134. I can find a way to work the inserted text underneath the SFX if required, so I'd like for them to be as intact as possible.

I'm gonna see if I can contact Becca through DA. Probably should've done that from the start, given how sporadic our work on this project is.
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Sorry for the late response everyone ^^;; it's been rather hectic over here these last few days ( I now have a 2nd nephew!)

I will get around to scanning the page, Nilgiree, although I just have to know what's on the page in question?
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Page 141, he mentioned, which would be the page right after the chapter title page with the full-page panel of James.

Also, Becca, I assume you're OK with the chapter 6 text insertion, at the bottom of the previous page?
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Okay!

Yeah I'm okay with it
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:01 pm

Okay, sorry for the double post, but I finally got the page scanned!
    Hopefully this is the right page.
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:19 pm

Well that's the right page, but uh... that's some serious tilt you got there. I don't have much faith in my ability to easily fit text in there after clean-up. If it's not too much trouble, maybe you can try again, please?
    Nilgiree
    Nilgiree

Post by Nilgiree Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:56 am

Here's the cleaned pages. I actually tired to fix up the first scan of page 141, but I won't mind getting a new scan and cleaning that up.

Oh, and the SFX in the first page is Toru laughing (Ahahaha)
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:21 am

So I'm getting ready to start localization, and it strikes me there's a better way to transfer these lone text documents than through Mediafire, and said way would prove to greatly help benefit the development of the scanlation:

Google Documents!

Chapter 7 localization so far here:
    (This file is only accessible through link. Lines in angle brackets are still the original translation.)

And I found, Nil, that you missed an entire balloon on pg. 144, as highlighted in the document in red. I'm pretty sure I can't figure out how to localize properly with this gap in the translation.
    Nilgiree
    Nilgiree

Post by Nilgiree Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:32 am

Oops, I must of left that open to edit later but then totally forgot about it. My bad.

The bubbles there said:

"Sorry, I don't want to seem nosy but
    were you talking to a friend?"
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:30 pm

You're forgiven, and thank you.

I'll post a notification here once my entire localization is up, and then it can be reviewed by you guys.

EDIT: It seems you missed another balloon, Nil, this time on page 141. I'm guessing it's Kimiko's line judging from the font. Check the link; it should be updated, and the missing line is highlighted in red, as before.
    Nilgiree
    Nilgiree

Post by Nilgiree Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:38 am

Uhg. Sorry again. That balloon saids "Is he your grandson?"
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:21 pm

It's alright.

On page 140, Tooru has the line, "This kid sure doesn't betray expectations!!" I'm not quite sure I understand the exact meaning behind this line. Can someone clarify?
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:27 pm

Sorry for not re-scanning the page that I accidently messed up when I scanned it the last time ^^; I still have to get around to doing it.

As for Tooru's line, I should imagine that he means that he must of doubted James's innocence from the moment he saw him.
    Nilgiree
    Nilgiree

Post by Nilgiree Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:28 am

That was the one like I had a little trouble on, but pretty much what Becca said; I think from the moment James appeared, Tooru had a really bad feeling, and pretty much expected him to do something dangerous. He saids it in a sarcastic way, or at least as close to it in Japanese (since the language doesn't really have sarcasm).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:41 pm