Welcome to Gregory House

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We hope you'll enjoy your stay... forever...

+2
supercomputer276
CyberFox
6 posters

To show true fandom...

CyberFox
    CyberFox

To show true fandom... Empty To show true fandom...

Post by CyberFox Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:57 am

We all agree that "Gregory Horror Show" is BeAwesome!
    but Word of Mouth of this anime is seems a bit slow thanks to upcoming anime like the racist "Hetalia: Axis of Evil", so that means we must take our love of this awesome CG anime up to 11 (sort of speak)

how?

1. Demand FUNimation to pick up the CG anime: FUNimation is recenty in a 'rescue ADV/Geneon licenses' kick, so it's an appropriate time to demand them to rescue this anime from the shadowy mists of Geneon hell also ask them to give the anime equal treatment of that of Dragon Ball (franchise)
    - Merchandise
    - TV Broadcast deals

2. Demand Capcom to remake "Gregory Horror Show: Soul Collector" for PS3/Wii: Why? The answer is simple, asking them to release it in it's original PS2 form will leave us with the WTF emotion from the gaming community and others.
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

To show true fandom... Empty Re: To show true fandom...

Post by supercomputer276 Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:54 pm

Given the ease between which Wii and PS2 can be swapped between (case in point: Sonic Unleashed), so a Wii re-release is certainly viable; I'd certainly buy it since I have a Wii. Also, I'd also prefer that the voices used in the anime (I'm particularly put off by Judgment Boy), which they'd get a chance to do. Although the game never seeing a States release in the first place is a bit of a problem.

And I don't even have a clue about the first thing.
    Oos
    Oos

Post by Oos Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:07 am

A Wii release would be A++. I'd snatch that up like nobody's business, and I have several friends here in the US who would too. 8D
    weq150
    weq150

Post by weq150 Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:02 pm

why dont you make a kick starter
    Mr J
    Mr J

Post by Mr J Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:05 pm

I've got a 360 so that rules me out. As for Funimation i've tried contacting them no response
    CyberFox
    CyberFox

Post by CyberFox Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:30 am

weq150 wrote:why dont you make a kick starter
    I think it would be a great idea but i think Becca would me much more suitable to do such a deed as she's more devoted to GHS than i am
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:53 pm

As nice as that would be, I really don't think that would work.
    One of the reasons being that where GHS is quite rare ( they only sold the DVD's in America for a short time before the company that produced the english version of the anime went bust) and the only thing that those of us in Britain got, was the game.

So both countries got half and half of a particular franchise.

Funimation and other dub companies probably don't know what Gregory Horror Show is...and I don't think that they'd appreciate being pestered about something that they have no knowledge of.

And to be honest...I kind of prefer the Gregory Horror Show fandom the way that it is...if it became really popular like say: Persona 4, Touhou, Higurashi/ Umineko and many other things that attracted large numbers, I just think it would end up opening a big old can of worms.

Now don't get me wrong, I actually like Persona 4, Umineko and Touhou...but I'm basically saying that I have seen a *lot* ( particular in the P4 fandom rather than the latter, but I'm sure that it does happen) of ship wars, prejudice towards certain characters and even fans for liking said-characters, rants about how characters seem to be different in different types of media, etc.

And to be honest, all of that negative stuff makes me depressed about even being in a fandom in the first place.

Thankfully I don't feel like that with the Gregory Horror Show fandom...
    But sometimes I worry that if it became more mainstream, it would eventually happen...

supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:02 pm

So wait, Europe didn't get the DVDs? That would explain some of the differences in the voice acting for the most part.

Also, incidentally, I don't know a lot about KickStarter, but I don't think you can fund petitions with that sort of thing. Capcom (last I heard) has enough on its plate already without us demanding a recreation of one of their least well-known titles; and as I'm sure any fan of Super Mario Bros. Z will tell you, pestering the creators incessantly is just plain asking for trouble.

I agree with Becca; GHS is a cult fandom. It's small. But you know what? Smaller fandoms mean everyone is ultimately closer. And when we're closer, we're less likely to condemn someone else for hating, I dunno, Neko Zombie or someone, and more or less have those bad parts of the fandom that Becca mentioned. I got no problem being a cult fan; hell, a good chunk of my interests are cult (Klonoa, The Nightmare Before Christmas, TRON, VVVVVV, I could go on), so I'm glad I could add this (as well as Pecola while I'm at it) to the list.
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:19 pm

No, Europe only got the game.
    Since the GHS DVD's were Region 1 only.

And also, yes! I'm glad that you agree with me S.C ^_^
    I know that from other people's points of view, our reasoning may not seem like it makes much sense...but believe me, compared to what I've seen in other bigger fandoms...it makes a heck of a lot of sense.
    Mr J
    Mr J

Post by Mr J Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:53 am

why don't you contact indie game devs and see if any can get in contact with whoever currently owns the rights. I mean can you imagine if TellTale Games made a GHS game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm