Welcome to Gregory House

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We hope you'll enjoy your stay... forever...

+8
Nilgiree
CyberFox
thinkintrixxter
Oos
supercomputer276
skullvic
Becca-chan
SonicHearts
12 posters

Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga]

Nilgiree
    Nilgiree

Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga] - Page 5 Empty Re: Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga]

Post by Nilgiree Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:10 am

@Becca- I fine doing this, though the most I know how to do is erase text with the clone tool ^^; The darkening of the pages are pretty hard to fix because of the actual pictures. I was only able to do it with the page above since there weren't many details I had to dodge while cleaning it.

@supercomputer- Thanks! Smile Do you happen to have the translated pages in psd form where the text and the image isn't flattened? I'm ok if you don't, but it'll be easier for me to clean the bubbles if you do.
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga] - Page 5 Empty Re: Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga]

Post by supercomputer276 Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:07 am

PSD? Is that some sort of Photoshop format? No, I don't. But! I do have them in PDN, Paint.NET format. Those have layers; would those work? Paint.NET is a free program, but I think it only runs on Windows due to needing a .NET framework, so if you don't have that...

If you can open Paint.NET files, here's a RAR with all the pages that I think best need fixing up (with one possible exception that slipped my mind while making it). Also, if you could figure out how to remove the text from page 1/29's balloons while still keeping the transparency so I don't have to fill them with white, that'd be really neat as well. I hope I'm not asking too much of you; I often do solo projects because I don't want to feel like I'm burdening anyone else...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Nilgiree
    Nilgiree

Post by Nilgiree Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:21 am

I couldn't open the files, but thanks anyways^^ At least I got to know which pages you wanted me to fix

Here are the cleaned pages from chap.1: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    And the translations for chap.3: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    @supercomputer- I wasn't able to keep the transparency, but I did try to keep the texture of the page. By the way, I didn't have the font for Gregory's speech, so would you please type that back in? Sorry for the trouble;;
    @Becca- I'm having a hard time fixing page 7, so if you could rescan that one that would really help Very Happy

Sorry for being slow with these ;__; Finales and graduation parties are taking away my computer time, but things should settle by the 20th at the latest. But I'm going on a trip most of July so I won't be able to help with the project much of that month. I apologies in advance.
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:22 pm

Nilgiree wrote:I couldn't open the files, but thanks anyways^^ At least I got to know which pages you wanted me to fix

Here are the cleaned pages from chap.1: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    And the translations for chap.3: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    @supercomputer- I wasn't able to keep the transparency, but I did try to keep the texture of the page. By the way, I didn't have the font for Gregory's speech, so would you please type that back in? Sorry for the trouble;;
    @Becca- I'm having a hard time fixing page 7, so if you could rescan that one that would really help Very Happy

Sorry for being slow with these ;__; Finales and graduation parties are taking away my computer time, but things should settle by the 20th at the latest. But I'm going on a trip most of July so I won't be able to help with the project much of that month. I apologies in advance.

It's alright Nilgiree < : )
    I can understand that, life does tend to get in the way of things when it comes to online matters; but there's no avoiding it, so it's expected.

And don't worry, when you go on the trip; just focus on having fun and not worrying about the project, we don't have a deadline on when the translating gets finished so there's no rush. ^_^

As for page seven... it's no problem for me, I'll re-scan it for you. ^^
    Although the original page number might be different in my original scans.

So I'll have to ask supercomputer about what page that would be.
    Just to say, what does it have on it?
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:07 pm

@ Nilgeree
    The font for Gregory talking to the women is, as Becca recommended, JasmineUPC. I'll reenter the text into the cleaned scan. Although I'm wondering why there's a MacOSX folder in your ZIP... Are you using a Mac? It would explain the inability to open Paint.NET files. We should see if there's a file format we can both save in that allows us both access to all layers. Thank you for all the effort; they look really good.

Although I am hoping to finish the project before the end of summer, as I've stated I don't want to feel like I'm burdening people. I hope you enjoy your trip!

EDIT: I've noticed you've retyped the text, likely a necessity of the process, but while reentering the text on page 9 I noticed a typo. The text should be "Mr. Gregory, this is Mr. Tooru Takenazuka. He's a 22-year-old freeter." I can't fix this change due to the nature of the change, so I ask you to please correct it.

@ Becca-chan
    Page 7 by way of the file names is "HE'S GIVING ME A FREETER! A 22-YEAR-OLD FREETER!!!!" with Gregory ROTFLOLing.

CBR files are just a variation of RAR, a type of zippable archive. If you can unzip RARs, you can just rename the extension and unzip the resulting file to see what I've numbered the pages inside.

I'll see if I can get started arranging the Chapter 4 raw today, along with making the substitutions to the Chapter 1 translation.
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Based on experiences regarding the cleaned-up scans, I believe a slight change in our scanlation process may lead to... I dunno how to put it, increased productivity? I feel like I'm throwing out buzzwords.

Nilgiree, as I said, you've done a great job of cleaning up those scans. So, how would like to do the clean-up on the pages before I put in the translations? Such as removing the text in word balloons and such? Among the benefits, it would make it easy for me to enter the translated text, make the pages look overall and uniformly neater, and fix the translations and avoid losing time in the event your cleaned-up pages have a typo, as the last batch did. However, I feel a bit like I'm giving you some of my work and, y'know, burden and all that. If you accept, this step can be done as soon as I put the raw CBR up, although it can wait until I've finished the localization.

Last edited by supercomputer276 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:53 pm

supercomputer276 wrote:@ Becca-chan
    Page 7 by way of the file names is "HE'S GIVING ME A FREETER! A 22-YEAR-OLD FREETER!!!!" with Gregory ROTFLOLing.

CBR files are just a variation of RAR, a type of zippable archive. If you can unzip RARs, you can just rename the extension and unzip the resulting file to see what I've numbered the pages inside.

I'll see if I can get started arranging the Chapter 4 raw today, along with making the substitutions to the Chapter 1 translation.

Okay then, I'll try and re-scan the page as soon as possible tomorrow.
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:55 pm

The Chapter 4 raw is now up!

Remember, to get anything I've uploaded on Project Another World, here's the folder:

skullvic
    skullvic

Post by skullvic Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:39 am

awesome your work Nilgiree xD
    Your custom page is perfect!! Like the original!!! ^___^
    I almost finish the first chapter in spanish. But there's several talks that I don't understand but with the last english edition I solve.
    Cool I'll continue with my work
    Anonymous

Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga] - Page 5 Empty SEE THE NEWS!

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:33 pm

check out the news the once who don't have the game thank me later i worked hard to find it for you guys
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:48 pm

NOTICE
    If you follow my DeviantART journal or my Twitter, you know that the backlights on my laptop's screen have gone out, making it very difficult for me to use it. I am in the process of having it looked out. Until it is fixed, however, the parts of Project Another World that I handle (localization, text insertion, etc.) will be on hiatus. I should still be able to participate on the forums, but I will not be able to do any work on the Project until the situation is resolved. Thank you.
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:18 am

Sorry this has come a little bit late, but I finally got the page scanned!
    Manga Page 7

And @ supercomputer - Ack! that's a shame about your laptop >.<
    Don't worry though, we'll be alright with waiting until the problem's fixed, like I said this project hasn't got a deadline, so there's no problem there.
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:21 pm

Booyah, that's a much cleaner scan! Nice, Becca!

An update on my laptop, the problem seems to have... fixed itself. More details are in my DA journal. However, I'm not so quick to assume that the problem is completely fixed, so I'm still on Project hiatus.
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:54 pm

OK, I know I said I was still on hiatus, but nevertheless, I did the first version of the Chapter 2 localization, if only because I was getting bored and my brain is half-zapped from two all-nighters in a row. There are some parts I'm a little uncomfortable with, but hopefully it's admissible.

Anyways, with the cleaned-up version of that earlier page, I should be able to create the (first) final version of the Chapter 1 translation (at least once I get that non-typo'd page from Nil), so stay tuned.
    Nilgiree
    Nilgiree

Post by Nilgiree Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:24 am

Here are those last two pages!

And I'm fine with cleaning the pages before supercomputer puts in the translations. I think it would make things run pretty smoothly Smile
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:01 am

@ supercomputer - I just downloaded the localization and I'm okay with it.

I had to laugh at a certain scene, because I just knew you'd put the joke in at some point; "I’ve never heard of an apartment building having a room 404 before…"

" Oh I assure you, there’s no error here. Heh heh heh…"

I see what you did there, and I love it! XD

The only thing I have to point out though, is that when it came to the part where Gregory and Tooru are speaking about pursuing dreams, you spelt pursue wrong, but that's the only thing.

Other than that, I liked it!

@ Nilgiree - The cleaned pages look good!
    And I agree with the pages being cleaned before being translated, that should make things work a bit more smoother.
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:20 pm

@ Nilgiree
    Thanks for the pages. Although once Becca put the cleaner scan up, I made a new page for it myself (it was easy enough to clean myself), and since your version has the text sticking out of the balloon in the top panel while mine didn't, I hope you won't be offended if I don't use yours.

Thanks for taking on this task. Could you please get started on cleaning Chapter 2 as soon as you can? Also I'm not sure if you gave approval on Chapter 2's localization...

@ Becca-chan
    Well of course you knew it was coming; I said it myself earlier in the topic that I wanted to do that joke if I could! Smile

I'll get that error fixed; it's a fairly common one for me.
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:50 pm

Here is the second version of the translated Chapter 1!

However, I at present hesitate to call it the final version. It seems that Gregory's original font during his conversation with the ladies is his usual font, so it seems almost purposeless to have it be a different font in the translation. I would like thoughts on this before I "release" the final version.
    Nilgiree
    Nilgiree

Post by Nilgiree Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:26 am

Oh the localization looks fine to me, and I don't mind you not using my page.
    I think we should keep the original font for Gregory's speech there. It's not that hard to tell the who's talking, and looks kinda weird.

And here's the cleaned pages for Chap 2: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    and also chap 3:http://www.mediafire.com/?k3db99vu2dwatet
    Chap 2 is missing pg 34 (page right before this this one) because I want a cleaner version, so Becca-chan, would you rescan it? I'm sorry that I keep asking you to do so ;~;
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:01 am

Alright, I'll make the font change tonight and get started putting the text in Chapter 2 in the morning. If all those well, the "outlet" topic will be up on the news board with the first chapter tonight.

@ Nilgiree
    The cleaned-up scans look great! And I like how you even included your translation in the file, which saves even more time! Excellent work!
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:18 am

Nilgiree wrote:Chap 2 is missing pg 34 (page right before this this one) because I want a cleaner version, so Becca-chan, would you rescan it? I'm sorry that I keep asking you to do so ;~;

That's alright Nilgiree < : )
    When I get the chance to go on the downstairs computer, I'll re-scan it for you.

- Edit -
    And also, wishing you a happy birthday as well!

- 2nd edit -

I've done it!
    I hope this looks alright.

Page 34
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:54 pm

That looks to me like it'll do. (Note to self: ask SonicHearts to have unclicked links be some other color than white.)

I've finished the text insertion for chapter 2 besides the missing page. Once that page has been cleared, I can finish it up, although it looks clean enough that I could remove the text myself. ...Except for the purple balloon. (Those are the death of me...)
    Nilgiree
    Nilgiree

Post by Nilgiree Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:44 pm

Thank you Becca-chan~ and thanks for the Birthday wish! (It was a fun day. I got to throw an egg omelet from a 4th floor balcony :D)

So here's the page from chap2: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    And also translations and cleaned pages of chap 4: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sorry to keep you waiting, I wanted to post all of these at one time;;
    supercomputer276
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:24 am

Chapter 2 translated is up. Hopefully, there don't have to be any major modifications made for the final release.

One thing I did change though. Page 5 (in Comical) / 32 (in file name) was flipped horizontally. I did this because the shade on the original image's left side (indicating it was a right-hand page) was sandwiched between two other right-hand pages. I took this to mean it was actually a left page that Becca had somehow flipped by accident in the course of scanning. Also, I think it now flows a little better.

Once chapter 2 goes gold, I'm going to take a brief rest from PAW, as I have summer school and another summer project to attend to.
    Becca-chan
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:22 pm

supercomputer276 wrote:Chapter 2 translated is up. Hopefully, there don't have to be any major modifications made for the final release.

One thing I did change though. Page 5 (in Comical) / 32 (in file name) was flipped horizontally. I did this because the shade on the original image's left side (indicating it was a right-hand page) was sandwiched between two other right-hand pages. I took this to mean it was actually a left page that Becca had somehow flipped by accident in the course of scanning. Also, I think it now flows a little better.

Once chapter 2 goes gold, I'm going to take a brief rest from PAW, as I have summer school and another summer project to attend to.

It goes really well supercomputer!
    As far as I can tell, everything looks alright

And as for that page that ended up in the wrong place, thank you for correcting it, I must of got really sidetracked to of missed that. ^^;

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 pm